How to Apply for MA?
1. One-year Master of Arts in Political Science (MA) [Austrian and US accreditation]
The program specifically accepts students who, by the time of enrolling meet general CEU PU admission requirements and have received a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the field of political science or other social science disciplines, economics, philosophy, public policy, or public administration, law, and media; although other degrees will also be considered.
2. Two-year Master of Arts in Political Science (MA) [Austrian and US accreditation]
The Two-Year MA Program accepts students who, by the time of enrolling, have received at least three years of prior higher education and a BA (worth at least 180 ECTS credits) in the field of political science or other social science disciplines, economics, philosophy, public policy, or public administration; and meet general CEU admission requirements.
Depending on the degree of credit equivalence between their previous studies and a BA in Political Science, students may be required to take 5 ECTS credits worth of Remedial Course covering the core subjects of political science undergraduate programs, i.e., political theory, comparative politics, constitutional law, political sociology, introductory statistics, and international relations.
For the recent application deadlines please click here.
Watch our webinar "Why and how to apply to CEU Political Science Department" here.
Admission Requirements for the One- and the Two-year MA Programs in Political Science
CEU welcomes applications from individuals from all over the world. Acceptance is based upon an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, strength of recommendations, English language proficiency (standardized language test scores) and general compatibility with the aims of the department.
As part of their application package, applicants must submit the following materials in addition to their completed application form:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Proof of relevant English-language competency;
- Two confidential letters of recommendation;
- Official copies (and translations) of relevant undergraduate and graduate transcripts and diplomas;
- a 100-word statement of purpose describing the reason(s) why they are applying to the program
- a short (approximately 500 words) exposition of an issue or problem in political science in which they are interested; and
- samples of previous writings in English and/or a list of scholarly publications and relevant research experience in English (as applicable)
* Note that these materials will not be kept, commented on, or returned by the department.
- Language TOEFL (internet version) 88
- TOEFL (paper version) 570
- IELTS 6.5
- Cambridge Proficiency Examination C
- Cambridge Advanced English Test B
For detailed Admission requirements please visit: http://www.ceu.edu/admissions/who-can-apply
For additional information please check the CEU main admissions pages.
*** START YOUR APPLICATION NOW ***