How to Apply for PhD?
Doctor of Philosophy in Political Science (PhD)
Applicants are expected to hold an internationally recognized Master’s or comparable degree in Political Science, International Relations, Public Policy, or a similar politics- and/or policy related program that provides a relevant academic background for the track to which the candidate applies. A comparable degree in other Social Sciences, Humanities, or other disciplines will also be considered in case of an excellent academic record.
- Language TOEFL (computer based) 250
- TOEFL (paper version) 600
- IELTS 7 Cambridge Proficiency examination C
- Cambridge Advanced English Test A
*For detailed Admission requirements please visit: http://www.ceu.edu/admissions/who-can-apply
As part of their application package (see section on Admissions Information), applicants must submit the following materials in addition to their completed application form:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Proof of relevant English-language competency;
- research proposal (max. 1,500 words);
- statement of purpose (max. 500 words);
- two confidential letters of recommendation;
- copies (and translations) of relevant undergraduate and graduate transcripts and diplomas;
- summary of MA thesis (max. 500 words).
Note: Applicants for the PhD specialization in Human Rights will be evaluated by a joint Legal Studies/Political Science selection committee. Please check with the Legal Studies department for additional requirements.
Note: Applicants for the PhD specialization in Nationalism please visit with the Nationalism Studies department website for further information.
For further information: http://pds.ceu.edu/
ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS:
- PhD in Political Science Comparative Politics Track
- PhD in Political Science Political Economy Track
- PhD in Political Science Political Theory Track
FEBRUARY 1, 2017 (23:59 CET*)
Application deadline for PhD and SJD applications; deadline for Master’s applicants applying for CEU Financial Aid. All applications must be complete with relevant standard test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, etc.).
FEBRUARY 2 – JUNE 1, 2017
Application period for self-financing applicants to CEU Master’s programs. All applications must be complete with relevant standard test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, etc.). Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
JUNE 1, 2017 (23:59 CET*)
Final application deadline for self-financing applicants to CEU Master’s programs. All applications must be complete with relevant standard test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, etc.).
*Central European Time