Note: Departmental policies apply for both MA Students and PhD Candidates.
You find below the Student Handbook for both the one-year MA and the two-year MA Program. The handbooks describe the most important degree requirements, the program structure, and the most important policies that govern the studies of MA students.
- Student Handbook for the One-year MA Program (2020/21)
- Student Handbook for the Two-year MA Program (2020/21)
- Student Handbook for the Two-year MA Program (2019/20)
- Policy on Student Status and Enrollment
All students of the MA Program in Political Science must fulfill the degree requirement of their program in order to receive their degree.
- Policy on Students with Inadequate Previous Degrees
- Policy on Class Attendance and Other Duties
Students are required to attend classes. Students are not allowed more than two unexcused absences per semester. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in a failing grade for the course. The CEU e-mail address is the official channel of communication. Students must check it periodically, at least once every working day.
- Policy on Grading, Disputed Grading and Required Length of Papers
Deadlines and requirements for the different assignments of each course are clearly stated in the syllabus or announced in the beginning of the course. Disputed grading affairs should be handled according to the official policy of the department.
- Exam Rules
Policy on closed book and open book exams of the department.
- Departmental Policy on Academic Dishonesty
This policy deals with the departmental procedures of 1, Using Unauthorized Materials and Unauthorized Collaboration during Examination and 2, Plagiarism
Departmental Policies on Thesis Writing and Research for MA Students
- Policy on MA Thesis Writing, Submission and Assessment
- 2020/21 Deadlines for the Submission of MA1 Theses
- 2020/21 Deadlines for the Submission of MA2 Theses
- Thesis Writing Guidelines for MA Students
- Resources to data transparency
- Measures and Resources for Online Research
- Sample for Consent for participation in research interview
GENERAL CEU POLICIES
- CEU’s policy on Plagiarism
- Code of Ethics of the CEU
- Student Rights, Rules, and Academic Regulations
- Policy on Student Employment (2011)
- Financial Aid and Student Fee Payment Regulations
- CEU General Library Rules
- Non-degree student policy of the Central European University
All policies can be accessed online through the CEU Document Repository at https://documents.ceu.edu/.
Please, note that NOT all documents are visible to the public. CEU community members should login with their Office365 login and password.
SPECIAL DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES FOR PhD STUDENTS
The Doctoral Program of Political Science is regulated by CEU's Doctoral Regulation, and the Doctoral Regulations of the Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy and International Relations. https://pds.ceu.edu/regulations