- What are the language requirements at CEU?
Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting standardized English language test scores, e.g., the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other substitute tests. You can find the minimum test scores required for the admission to Master's programs here: https://www.ceu.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/checklist#step-5
- I have completed my studies in English, what should I do to obtain a waiver of the English proficiency requirement?
Applicants should submit a certificate from the institution where they completed, or are completing their BA or MA diploma, stating that the program was completed exclusively in English. Please note that if you only studied specific subjects in English you might be required to provide official language scores. For details, please check: http://www.ceu.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/checklist (Point 6). Please note that it is at the discretion of the department to accept these certificates.
- I took a TOEFL exam but my score is not sufficient for acceptance. What shall I do?
Applicants can be admitted to CEU only if they meet the language requirements. If you do not have sufficient English results but you only lack a few points, your application might be still accepted – pending permission from the Provost Office. If you do not meet English requirements, your application cannot be considered.
- I am a native English speaker. Do I need to submit English scores?
Applicants whose first language is English are normally exempted from this requirement. You must make this request on the application form.
- I took a language exam but I have not received the official certificate about my scores yet. What shall I submit?
If you have not yet received the hard copy of the certificate about your result, but you are able to check it online, then you can attach a printscreen of your results to your online application form until you receive the official document.
You can also request that a copy of your results are sent to the CEU Admissions Office (CEU’s institution code is 0069).