Call for Papers - Timisoara Workshops on Research Methods
We are pleased to invite you to the fourth edition of the Timișoara Workshop on Research Methods – Text-To-Data, to be hosted by the West University of Timișoara, November 29-30th, 2019. The workshop covers broadly methodological aspects of quantitative text analysis and the application of such methodologies. Our keynote speakers are:
- Zoltán Fazekas, from Copenhagen Business School;
- Iulia Cioroianu, University of Bath, and
- Daniela Crăciun, from Bard College, Berlin.
We are inviting presentations applying various text analysis methods, which include the following:
- classical content analysis methods
- dictionary-based methods
- classification and machine learning methods
- scaling methods
- topic models
- qualitative techniques of human coding and annotation for the purposes of validation for automated approaches
Presentations problematizing fundamental issues of quantitative text analysis are also encouraged, on topics such as inter-coder agreement, reliability, validation, accuracy, and precision.
Each presentation will benefit of 30 min time slot, which we plan to include 10 minutes of discussions. Participants are offered the opportunity to develop their presentation in a manuscript to be submitted to the Special Issue: Applied Quantitative Text Analysis, coordinated by the key-note-speakers, and hosted by the Romanian Journal of Political Science, Vol. 20, no. 2, Winter 2020.
- October 30th, 2019 Extended abstracts submission
- November 15th, 2019 Final program announcement
- November 28-29th, 2019 Methods workshop
- January, 3rd, 2020
- Manuscript submission
- June, 2020
- Final decision on publication
We welcome two categories of participants, presenters and attenders. More details about the Workshop can be found on the website of the event. For any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.
On behalf of the organizing committee,
Viorel Proteasa & Silvia Fierăscu