The mission of the Political Economy Research Group is to foster collaborative research among the CEU faculty and students working in the area of political economy in general and in the field of varieties of transnational capitalisms in particular.
PERG began with regular informal meetings of faculty and PhD students in 2006. Since January 2007 it has been formalized with a statute as an official student-faculty research group whose membership runs across several CEU departments. During teaching semesters PERG convenes weekly seminars for faculty, students and visitors.
The aims of PERG are:
- foster collaborative research among the CEU faculty and students working in the area of political economy, concentrating primarily but not exclusively on the area of Central and Eastern Europe;
- run weekly research seminars for its members during both teaching semesters of the academic year;
- run public seminars on topics related to the PERG's research;
- run research training workshops in order to transfer tacit knowledge and provide students with better understanding of the demands of their research field and academic labor market;
- cooperate with similar groups at other universities and with similarly focused academic societies; organize the annual doctoral conference workshop on political economy;
If you want to sign up for the PERG mailing list write to firstname.lastname@example.org.