How to Apply for PhD?
Doctor of Philosophy in Political Science (PhD)
- PhD in Political Science Comparative Politics Track
- PhD in Political Science Political Economy Track
- PhD in Political Science Political Theory Track
Applicants are expected to hold an internationally recognized Master’s or comparable degree in Political Science, International Relations, Public Policy, or a similar politics- and/or policy related program that provides a relevant academic background for the track to which the candidate applies. A comparable degree in other Social Sciences, Humanities, or other disciplines will also be considered in case of an excellent academic record.
- Language TOEFL (computer based) 250
- TOEFL (paper version) 600
- IELTS 7 Cambridge Proficiency examination C
- Cambridge Advanced English Test A
*For detailed Admission requirements please visit: http://www.ceu.edu/admissions/who-can-apply
As part of their application package (see section on Admissions Information), applicants must submit the following materials in addition to their completed application form:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Proof of relevant English-language competency;
- research proposal (max. 1,500 words);
- statement of purpose (max. 500 words);
- two confidential letters of recommendation;
- copies (and translations) of relevant undergraduate and graduate transcripts and diplomas;
- summary of MA thesis (max. 500 words).
Note: Applicants for the PhD specialization in Human Rights will be evaluated by a joint Legal Studies/Political Science selection committee. Please check with the Legal Studies department for additional requirements.
Note: Applicants for the PhD specialization in Nationalism please visit with the Nationalism Studies department website for further information.
For further information: http://pds.ceu.edu/
Application Deadline for doctoral programs starting in 2018/19:
FEBRUARY 1, 2018 (MIDNIGHT, CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME)
How to apply:
Submitted your application? Read more about:
Accepted to CEU? Find out about:
Fund your studies - Fees and Financial Aid
For more information please check the CEU main admissions pages.