Job Call: Assistant Professor in Political Theory
The Department of Political Science of the Central European University in Vienna, announces a call for an Assistant Professor in Political Theory. The applicants should be able to carry out state of the art research and teach undergraduate and graduate courses (at the MA and PhD level) on the main problems of contemporary normative political theory, such as the theory of justice, political authority and obligations, democratic theory, as well as the history of political philosophy. Area of specialization is open, but a research focus on gender justice is an advantage.
We encourage applications from candidates who are willing to make a long-term commitment to living and working in Vienna.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Teach 12 credits per Academic Year at the BA, MA and PhD level
- Supervise BA, MA and PhD theses
- Carry out independent research and regularly publish in international scholarly journals
- Contribute to departmental and university service
- Applicants should have a PhD degree in political theory/political philosophy;
- A record of peer-reviewed international publications in political theory is an advantage;
- A record of successful teaching and supervision in political theory/political philosophy is a plus;
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial appointment is for six years, renewable as indefinite, after review.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your
- application cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- publication sample
- a sample course syllabus in political philosophy
- contact information for three referees
Please send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org - including job code in subject line: 2020/006.
For more information please visit: https://www.ceu.edu/job/assistant-professor-political-theory